View Single Post
Old 05-27-22, 07:26 PM   #95
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I would be fine if we raise the age to legally buy, own, or handle firearms to 30. No exceptions.
When I was 23 dating my first wife and she had a child. I stayed with her on weekends as she was 1.5 hr from me and lived rural. One night while there I heard something in the basement. I got her gun I knew was there, a mere 410 pump shotgun and loaded it with 1 shell she had in the drawer. Anyways, they came up the stairs and opened the door to the main part and I fired, pretty dark. It was enuf they ran. A large knife was found. One was arrested a county over at the hospital saying he had an accident. The other was later arrested. One had just recently gotten out of prison for 7 years for attempted murder and rape. I made sure she had proper gun then. I already owned several being an avid hunter.
I'm OK with some extra gun laws, tho I don't think they'll ever stop mass school shootings if someone is determined to do it. However, anyone that lives as an adult, has a home and family has the right to defend it. One thing I notice with most murderers today arrested is they usually have a long violent rap sheet often with illegal gun charges. I see the NY subway murderer turned himself in. He had 19 previous arrest, many violent and several illegal gun charges. His last bail was $1000. With so many violent people let go so easily I'll stand by the fight to own guns to defend your life, home and family.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote