View Single Post
Old 10-06-21, 12:09 PM   #45
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Thanks, those look interesting, and if I were to return to FO4 I will have a look. For now I've moved on to New Vegas believe it or not. I was pleasantly surprised to find the cloud still had my saves from 2013! After kicking it around I decided to just pick up where I left off, nearly a decade later!

My character was level 17 ( this was a second run and now level 20 already) and I had made a few regrettable build path decisions, ones which I would do differently if starting anew. And while the graphics show its age, the core gameplay is still as good as ever and it's been fun coming back to it after so much time.

We talked about how FO4 is more shooter than RPG, and New Vegas is the opposite, and perhaps more in my wheelhouse, even if I did find FO4 to be a great game. I prefer the system mechanics in New Vegas. RPGs are my jam and so it follows.

I only have one DLC, called the Caravan Pack, which I think was a pre-order bonus. I have no other DLC, and the fact it exists is part of why I came back. I'll get all of that and see the game in a new light, even if it still looks old