View Single Post
Old 10-04-21, 08:07 AM   #39
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Just a follow up. I finished the main quest, at level 76! I chose the Minutemen path, destroying the Institute, but managed to keep both BoS and RR as allies. It's great that FO4 has no level cap, and that helped to keep me engaged as the game went on. I think FNV had a cap of 30, before DLC when I played it.

I paid $10 for the GotY edition, and ended up playing nearly 350 hours. That was a shrewd purchase. I had a blast with this game, and I'm not done, but ready for a break.

I'm a big fan of FO3 and FNV, and while FO4 is different in many ways -- less RPG and more shooter for example -- it is a great game in it's own right. The game world is fantastic, it looks great, the gunplay is fun and the perks are strong, useful and varied. My character was obviously well-rounded with so many levels on offer, but Survival mode helped to counter this and keep the challenge level high throughout the run.

I dipped my toes in to all of the DLC, but interestingly none of it really grabbed me. Far Harbor is the one I did the most, but I didn't care for the terrain, the fog, the restricted sightlines. I never built a robot, and I went to Nuka World (the gauntlet is no joke on Survival mode) but having gone though so much to bring a brighter end game to the Minutemen I have no desire to now throw that away and lead the raiders.

All in all Fallout 4 is a great game and I'm happy I both gave it a pass at release and tried it now, with the game at its most seasoned and fleshed out with the DLC. It is a massive game experience, just stuffed with content and things to see and do. I had so much fun playing this I've reinstalled New Vegas for another go, this time with the DLC.