View Single Post
Old 01-30-16, 08:48 PM   #6
Rebel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0
Default single mission CURACAO

that game has all the necessary things that a captain of a sub needs to play at 100% real. I myself have been playing this game for a very long time. I play at 100% real . Playing a career .at 100% can be accomplished ,with the information you acquire in playing the game CURACAO. Buying a protractor with a movable wheel. Printing a map that you enlarge to 50 km. Measuring distance of 10 km with the protractor. Measuring distance and time. To go 10 km at 14 kn equals 23 min. when a ship at what ever Bering the sonar man stays at the same Bering for 8 min. That ship is on that heading. If the ship moves two degrees in 1 min. that equals a ship at 90°turning the sub in a direction that will have it stay at that heading for 8 min. equals a ship heading to the sub. Turning 90° will put the ship 90° to the sub.doing all the navigation on the map that you print at the beginning of the game is the map that you use to attack the ships. Using less than 100% real with this game and writing down the information will be extremely helpful in accomplishing playing at 100% real . Using the box on the attack periscope. When a ship fits inside that box.= it's at 90° . at a given distance. A ship taking 1 min. to go 50° equals 10k. Each 50° equals 5° in front of ship using the 10° line on the attack periscope as the firing point. The average ship fitting inside the box is about 4000 km T-1 torpedo goes 30 kn travel time is about 4 min. 10° before ship equals about right for impact of torpedo to that ship. Making adjustments is what learning is all about. PS, using the external view to follow the T1 torpedo

Last edited by Rebel; 08-13-16 at 06:46 PM.
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote