Old 03-22-22, 02:59 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Which version of Windows are you using with that, 1Patriotofmany? On my Win10 machines, I have to initialize the original game through the Steam app before copying the game folder over to other locations. Did you have to do that on your install? On my laptop here (Win 10), I was not able to do that at all, and had to "move" everything as above. My guess was the Steam licensing was interfering.
I think 1Patriotofmany, forgot to mention that, in their post propbeanie...

As I was the one to outlay that principle of multicopying from the original, pristine install of SH4 v1.5, into the \common folder... then, after initially running it to allow for it to finalize set up of it... THEN & only THEN... leave it alone.

That copy there, then becomes your 'GOLD' standard, virgin copy, to then follow the rest of that outlined process, in making multi copies of it to mod, & leaving that copy... UNMODDED.

M. M.

Addendum :

1 other thing to bear, in mind when setting up a multi copy, do so in \common

create a new folder & name it 'SH4-megamods'

so your path looks like:

\common\SH4-megamods

It is in that new created folder, you'll want to create a new folder for your new copy of SH4 v1.5 in.. so that you can mod it to taste... on creating that folder, name it accordingly to the mod set you'll be running with.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 03-24-22 at 10:15 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote