Old 02-28-09, 02:59 PM   #8
Lurchi
Planesman

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Thanks for the info Lurchi!

And for the offer to ferry some of us. What kind of car do you own? One of these?

Wouldn't that be nice

Looking like Plan B and Hamburg is shaping up nicely. You cannot imagine how long I've wanted to travel to Laboe...
LOL! Naaaa, this isn't Texas you know - where everyone has two of those for their weekly shopping tour .
Three additional persons should be possible i would say, as long as they don't take half of their household with them. I am not sure what car i will have by then as i am planning to get a new one next week and haven't decided between the larger and smaller yet . A trip to Copenhagen would make a nice Autobahn test for it so you may check your insurances and make your testaments.

U-996 is free of any glass doors if i remember correctly and i am unsure if it is allowed to go up to the conning tower. The whole sub looks "friendlier" in comparison to the one in "Das Boot" because of the fresh painting and the better lighting. There is also a possibility that it will be somewhat crowded as it will be summer with lots of tourists. But the sub is certainly worth a visit!

The shortest trip from Laboe to Copenhagen contains a ~ 1 hour ferry tour between Puttgarden and Rödby. I am not aware of a direct ferry to Copenhagen - the ones i know go to Sweden and Norway.
Lurchi is offline   Reply With Quote