View Single Post
Old 04-23-20, 07:21 AM   #17
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
No problem, it was an interesting read anyway Although for the sake of clarity, if you would like to discuss these ideas further (and I encourage you to do so, I'd love some realistic confusion for players as to who's neutral and who's not) opening a dedicated thread for them seems like a good idea.
Thank you for your understanding. Starting a dedicated thread might be a good idea, but for the moment I moved my post of yesterday in the TWoS thread were it belongs better than here.

Quote:
As for the coaster, I made some improvements to zones and to the model itself. I want to add some alternative color schemes as well, though it's a bit complicated due to LOD bug - basically I have to come up with alternative textures that would not be different enough for the difference to show up in LOD model. When I'm done with this, I'll post an update for the ship.
I am glad to hear that you are still improving your unit. As for the LOD texture issue I am pretty sure I got it sorted out in the past. It has been quite a while since then. I will investigate again and I will let you know in case I find anything interesting

Quote:
In the meantime, I'm finishing this little fella:

Quote:
EDIT: Btw, is there a way to make crew member disappear after specific part of the ship is destroyed? I wanted to have destructible wheelhouse on this one, but so far the effect is that wheelhouse explodes and slides into ocean leaving captain standing in the open like Wile E. Coyote...
Sure. You must set the bone that the crew member is linked to as a child of the wheelhouse bone. When the wheelhouse will be destroyed, the crew member will be as well. This "trick" applies not only to crew, equipment and any external object attached to the ship, but also to model parts stored in the same GR2 file as the main unit
gap is offline   Reply With Quote