View Single Post
Old 09-01-13, 12:06 PM   #4
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
-Added collision zones for sub's rudder/propellers area...

...and damage zones for bow and stern planes.

Now, dive planes will take damage all the way to 0, still not sure will this have any effect on dive speed.
I had no luck with rudder zone, any rudder related zone in damage editor(goblin) will cause instant CTD when zone is hit. Also propeller shafts could be damaged with corresponding zone but there isn't any effect on sub performance?!
The unit_Submarine controller in sim file contains references to propeller, rudder and dive plane objects in the GR2 file (I am sure you are aware of it already) so, at least in dev's plans, any damage to the above devices should alter their functions. I am surprised that each of them didn't get its own damage box in stock game.

When you added the new boxes, what zone definitions have you assigned to them?

Quote:
Can somebody explain me values from zones.cfg file, especially those marked with colour? I have some theories but i'd like to hear other opinions...

Please have a look at the following post by observer on Submarine Sim Central forum:

http://forum.kickinbak.com/viewtopic...=t&sd=a#p15344

I suggest you to read the whole thread, as it is a gold mine of information

Quote:
Also, i'm wondering is it possible to create test mission where unit will attack the sub with just one single shot, for example torpedo airplane but without use of cannons or guns? (trying to get some attention )
Of course you can. If you have never used Mission Editor, this is a tutorial by kylania explaining the most essential functions of it. If you prefer, you can also read this other post by me, where I explain the process of creating a test mission step by step.

There are also ways to alter ships' guns/depth charge racks, so that they will fire a single round/barrel or you can totally get rid of part of their armament. Tell me what do you want to do exactly, and I will tell you which file/controllers you need to edit

Keep up your good work
gap is offline   Reply With Quote