View Single Post
Old 11-04-20, 03:16 AM   #4
Backscuttle
A-ganger

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 0

If I may add my own observations?
I have played SH4/5 , Dangerous Waters and Cold Waters all of which are `modded up `. I agree with all that FPSchazly has said earlier here except for one very minor detail in Dangerous Waters and that is that some missions give you a deadline to complete it so you cannot really just go off "sightseeing" as it were. As I found out to my own cost.
Atmospherically I think SH5 WoS takes some beating, especially cruising along with the in-game radio going and a beer on the go! Cold Waters isn`t as `in depth` maybe as the other sims/games but it is still good, esp with the Epic mod. May be best to wait until it goes on sale on steam? (If it ever will).
If you have not bought DW yet, be aware that you will need to download some software to make it run on modern pc`s. And it`s very old graphically, but what it lacks there it more than makes up for in gameplay. (It`s a shame that some modern games still don`t compare to some older ones when it comes to that.H&D2 being another example of old better than new ).
I was fortunate enough to get DW for about £1.50 in sale on Steam some time back! Bargain!
Good luck and good hunting!
Backscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote