View Single Post
Old 03-12-11, 10:41 AM   #26
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Glad to hear that people are still trying to keep this alive. I am tempted to get into a "which Silent Hunter is the best one" discussion, but all of the different SH games have their own merits. It would be great to have the best of them all in one game....gameplay, graphics, immersion.

I love the way SH4 loads and starts so quickly and runs very stable.

I think that it still has too much of a Pacific feel (just look at the buildings for example). It could do with being a touch more European in the harbours and along the coast. A bit more harbour life would be good.

The map department misses a few more charts like there are in both SH3 and SH5.

I don't seem to have many lifeboats in the water with OM when a ship goes down.

With SH3, you could almost sense the way the war was going by the atmosphere created by the radio messages. I miss that.

After SH5 I feel that the SH4 u-boat is a bit limited. SH3 has open hatches and fire damage. SH5 has flooding. It would be great if these things could be modded in SH4.

When I look at the mods I use with all the SH games, SH4 is the shortest mod list. That shows what a good job Lurker did. It also shows that there is room for more.

Like I said, it's a great initiative you are taking. I appreciate you taking the time to improve the game.
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote