View Single Post
Old 01-21-22, 04:32 AM   #5
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Downloads: 743
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I cannot remember any examples off the top of my head, since I have read so many of them. Are you trying to get to the War Patrols through this site:

Maritime Museum War Patrol Reports

???
That site uses a slightly different "reader" app than this site does:

HNSA SUBMARINE WAR PATROL REPORTS

Both "reader" apps are sadly lacking in functionality, but I prefer the 2nd site's app more. Both are better than sitting at a microfiche machine trying to read and / or make copies of a report, but definitely not as useful as a downloadable pdf file, that is for certain... There are small examples of orders in the Support Research folder of the FotRSU Add-in mods pack:
1. In obedience to orders from Commander Submarines, U.S. Asiatic Fleet, you are to proceed via Manipa Straits, Sibutu Pass, and APO East Passage using best sustained speed to Manila carrying .50 caliber antiaircraft ammunition for the relief of Corregidor. You will remove such equipment as is necessary to allow carrying up to forty (40) tons. The limiting amount of weight which you can carry will be governed by such trim as will enable you to dive with safety tank full. You will bring back a full load of torpedoes and such personnel as has been designated by the Commander in Chief, U.S. Asiatic Fleet to the Commandant Sixteenth Naval District. Details of communications for your entry to Manila will be transmitted to you later.

2. When in all respects ready for sea, you will depart from the Boom Entrance at 1330 local time, January 16th, carrying out sound exercises with Australian Naval Forces as has been previously decided upon.

via Bangka Passage - Lembeh - Biaro (Biard) Island - Roeng Passage - Manuk Manka - Sibutu Passage - Pearl Bank - SW Panay - Naso Point - APO East Pass - Apo Island - Cape Calavite, Luband & Cabra - Cabra Island - S Dock Corregidor. Cabra - Apo - Maniquin - Panay - Pearl Bank - Dog Can Island - Sibutu Pass - North Watcher - Cape William - Surabaya...
The #2 example has more between the paragraph break. That second paragraph is a routing given to the same boat, as to the route they were to take to the patrol zone. Another note is that all of those proper names would have been in ALL CAPS, such as "Bangka Passage" would be typed as "BANGKA PASSAGE". Maybe to avoid confusion with different character sets??
Thank you for your help! Unfortunately, the pages of the site open, but when I click on the selected boat from both sites the answer comes out PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Cпасибо за помощь! К сожалению, страницы сайта открываются, но когда нажимаю на выбранную лодку с обоих сайтов выходит ответ PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
LUKNER is offline   Reply With Quote