View Single Post
Old 04-29-21, 03:53 PM   #7
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I have had similar in TMO, and I laid it to a head injury, or other internal injury that kept the character's health on the decline. We had similar in early renditions of FotRSU, just after the FOTRS conversions, and no amount of moving the characters helped. This is where the Pharmacist's Mate position came back into the FotRSU mod. I forget what CapnScurvy did, but you are supposedly limited to one on your boat. The best way to do it, is to move the injured person into a "crew's rest" position, such as what we call the Watch Crew Berthing in FotRSU, and put the Pharmacist's Mate in there with the injured character. This will usually, but not always help... I had one "fellow" who was injured during a depth charging after roughly a week's time on patrol, and he kept declining over the course of the next week. I finally moved him to the "sick bay" with the Pharmacist's Mate, as above, and continued on patrol for another two weeks. We went back into Fremantle, and while entering the harbor, but not quite close enough for the "End Patrol?" pop-up, and the dude died... Three weeks he was injured, and then dies on me while coming back in... sheesh. - a flagrant violation of direct orders.
Adds an element of realism from my perspective. I'll keep an eye out for a 'pharmacist mate' to become available between patrols. I'm guessing the renown cost would be high (even though all boats had one, if I'm not mistaken - probably indicates 'one hell of a' PM ... like the one that performed an appendectomy at sea).