View Single Post
Old 04-29-21, 02:14 PM   #3
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
August 1943
I noticed while one crewman healed and went from shaken to normal, the other had now progressed to "manic" and his health went to 50 percent. I left him in the crew berthing. I left the sim running with boat at 350 feet for a day of rest" and went to bed. Jumped on a few minutes ago, crewman health was at 3 percent and listed as "manic" and a few minutes ago, his health went to 0, he passed.

In all the years of SH 4 never had this happen, sure I would have noticed. Crewman slowly died in that manner. Seen morale as manic one other time, just wondering if anyone has seen this or noticed before?

Also shocked as it was an experienced Petty Officer 1st Class, been on boat for 6 out of ten patrols. Interesting dynamic to the sim.
you stated that your boat was at an extreme depth and you hit the sack for the night.
when you returned several hours later what was the oxygen level in the boat?
more than likely, it was not very good and that probably contributed to the decreasing health of the injured crewman.

as for the "morale", i believe that is a vestige setting from SH3 and like Intelligence and awards and a few other variables, it does not play an active part in SH4.

a crewman's rank is not a factor in his ability to survive. it is the extent of his injuries and the O2 level that caused his death. a flooded/flooding compartment will also factor into health/death.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote