View Single Post
Old 11-20-19, 04:35 PM   #107
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default CTD attacking IJN task force Midway battle scene

After a very successful install of v1.0.1 on my new W10 rig and about a dozen patrols with everything looking great with this game version, I took a newly awarded Gato, USS Haddock, from Midway leaving June 2 '42. So I headed for where I thought I'd intercept the attacking IJN task force on my way to patrol Japan waters and after a few saves and replays I did encounter an Asashio class on June 4 at approximately 22:51 hrs at 174'E,'35 -33'N,20. Numerous sonar lines indicated it's probably a task force, so I decided to shoot this Asashio since it's traveling East (090), 17 kts right in front of me, stormy weather, and I was not detected. Off went two M14s at about 3500 yds. I tracked the torpedoes progress and just as the first one hit, the game abruptly went to desktop, CTD. Repeated with same result 3 times!
How can I help diagnose this one? I have the Save right before the attack.
Since I'm new to Win 10 I followed the Capn's recommendations so yes to LAA and his other suggestions , starting from new SH4 install from CD, then modding with v1.0.1. Standing by as they say!