View Single Post
Old 06-05-14, 08:42 AM   #4620
Zosimus
XO

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Although I have just recently started playing the game, I am pleased to say that I have completed 5 patrols (once I got the hang of it). The last two patrols were with a new U-boat–the VIIB. I must say that this is a very sweet ship. On my most recent patrol I was assigned to a patrol on the west side of Ireland, but before I could get there I sunk 5-6 ships! By the time I finally made it to my patrol zone I was down to 4 torpedoes in the bays and I was struggling to figure out how to get the external torpedoes inside for loading.

No sooner did I get to my patrol zone (The Northwestern corner) but I got a radio report of a ship to the north headed west (my way) so with a sigh I headed up and sunk it. The only real problem is the aircraft, though I did shoot one of them down. I think I should have trained someone on flak guns before now–none of my guys have the knack, I'm afraid. I got two iron crosses, and a buttload of u-boat badges to hand out to my crew. What good are they? I don't know, but I decorated the engine guy, the sonar guy, and the deck gun guy and then stared stupidly at the rest of them. I'm sure most people are doing wonderful work on the boat, but I'm not sure how to decide among them. Luck of the draw, maybe.
Zosimus is offline   Reply With Quote