Old 07-01-23, 08:53 AM   #5569
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
not in my config.
all boats are equal. no more boat upgrades.
that is why i am pushing the conning-tower-upgrade-envelope.
it does not SEEM to happen when there are boat upgrades.
and it does not seem to happen when a Kaleun strings a bunch of missions with a score of 3.
ones and twos seem to be the ticket for a conning tower upgrade. or at least that is what i thought.
Ahhh, the ole "set them all the same UpgradeClass" trick instead! Now, the thing to remember about experimenting with this is that the game uses the same formula to determine whether you get a new boat, or an upgraded conn ~BUT~ there is still a roll of the dice involved. No one I've seen, has ever posted what the percentage chance is, and whether it is the same for both the new command and the re-fit... So you basically have to qualify for a new boat, and one not be availabe (that is covered) in order to get a new conning tower (and lose all of your optional equipment)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickswitch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The 1.8 patch should not matter in what you have encountered (though it does fix other items). We did have an issue coming back in with one of the classes (Sargo?? Salmon??) in v1.7, but that was repaired in v1.8. Plus, it happened further out, or when you went to dock and end patrol. Did you happen to clear the Save folder prior to starting SH4 with FotRSU activated?
So I'm guessing that by clear the save folder you mean the entire SH4 "My documents" folder yeah? which is what you do when you reinstall the game or is this just the save folder within that? If the latter which folders do I clear, from memory theres richsaves folder another saves folder, and a sav.tmp (temp) file which of these should I remove?

It ctd no error just as I was coming up to the red circle which appears on the map so further out than the port itself out of visual, I start my patrols at sea if that helps. and past that red line I went no further and was never given the option unfortunately to dock and end patrol.

Apologies for late reply busy busy, and I appreciate your help propbeanie.

I will provide some more info here, what I can

July 1942 leave Fremantle
Tambor Class boat
Several key saves made at sea, never when engaged or in action with enemy (If I miss a fish shot too bad, I consider that a learning experience.)

Technical info
Windows 10 Home
Intel core i7-7700k CPU @ 4.20GHz 4 cores
16gb RAM

4gb patcher applied to game exe.
You use Windows Explorer, aka: File Manager to delete either the C:\Users \Username \Documents \SH4 folder, or the cfg folder below that. You cannot have any Save data remaining after you edit your mod configuration. Doing so, the game will then re-create the data, but use the modded data from the game folder. If you want to keep any career data for later use, you can copy or cut the folder, and save that to another location while you use the new mod configuration you've made, then bring that data back after you restore to the previous mod configuration. However, the mod configuration must be exactly the same.

I'll look for issues at this end, but do you know what the date is that you are returning to Fremantle? Thank you!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-01-23 at 01:56 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote