View Single Post
Old 04-08-22, 11:35 PM   #8
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Okay. I don't know HOW the hell I got it to work. But Silent Hunter III is now running perfectly on my Windows 7 desktop.

Here's what I did. Maybe you can figure out how this worked.

It wasn't running at all and giving me the "Wrong Operating System" error as was usual.

Then I noticed that I had the "Windows XP Mode" virtual machine installed on my PC. So I decided to try running it under that. I loaded it up, and it gave me the error message, "Cannot Start 3D Engine". So I figured, "Okay. I tried. Time to give up.". So I closed Windows XP Mode, and went back to regular Windows 7.

I was about to uninstall it, but I decided to click on SH3.exe one last time.

And the opening videos started to play. I didn't touch it. I was afraid to. I just let the video play all the way through.

It took me to the start menu. I started up a campaign.

And there I was... looking around the interior of my Uboat with my bridge officer staring at me like an idiot as usual.

I don't know what happened... or how this thing started working... or what I did to get it working... but it's running perfectly fine now. Now it's time for me to break out my DVD with the Grey Wolves Mod on it, load that sucker up, and start the "Happy Times"!

Last edited by Blacklight; 04-08-22 at 11:52 PM.
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote