View Single Post
Old 09-04-07, 10:03 AM   #67
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Here you go:

Description:

The numbers in the first column (26/31/36) are for the Torpedo Speed you set.

The numbers in the first row (2 to 25) are for the enemy speed.

The match case is the number of degrees of the Deflection Angle or Gyro Angle.

How to use in game:

Let us say that you are willing to shoot a 31 Knots torpedo to a 8 knots target. First of all, you get into a 90º course towards him, i.e. the target and you have perpendicular courses. Looking at the table, this gives us a deflection angle of exactly 15 degrees.

Put your scope dead centered on your bow. (0º bearing)

Set the Torpedo Gyro to 15 degrees in the opposite direction the target comes from (Left if the target is right of your bow and vice-versa)

When the target crosses your bow (0º bearing for you, the direction to which you trained your scope), shoot the torpedo. That's all.

Historic notes:

In real life the procedure was in fact the opposite, i.e. you left a 0º Gyro Angle (Torpedo shoots straigth and does not turn) and the scope was trained 15º from the bow in the direction of the target. Since we don't have a precise scope bearing marker, unfortunately we must resort to turning the torpedo instead, by means of the available Gyro Angle

However it works the same EXCEPT that with the historical procedure the torpedo hits the target at exactly 90º AOB, thus minimizing the chances of duds, whereas using this forced method we will hit with an acute angle, always more prone to duds.