View Single Post
Old 01-01-22, 11:14 PM   #4162
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozle View Post
It's getting a little heated in here and I'd hate to contribute to that atmosphere but I'd really like to get to the bottom of this Nautilus issue. It turns out my mod list was a bit more voluminous than I thought.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[Z:\Games\Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7
FotRSUv17m_Patch
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
CPT_ROOM_CUSTOM_NAME_PLATE
SEA_LIFE_SH4_PACIFIC_FOTRSU17
FOTRSU_1.7_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k

That out of the way, the radio message I got after completion of sea trials told me to head to midway and "end patrol" so I did that and that's when the error started. Maybe I went to midway too early? I docked at april 28th, I'm going to try waiting around and see if any more events fire. I really appreciate you guys doing tech support even on new years day, above and beyond the call of duty!
I am getting boats mixed-up. Let me ask you this:
1. You start at Naval Station Treasure Island, and then did what I call a "dunk and go", where you did some diving tests, and then find the DD 54nm south, correct?
2. you are then told to proceed to Midway and dock, reporting to com subs there for further disposition, correct?
3. So you arrive at Midway then April 28th...
4. What day does that order thingie say you are to depart on? like May 12th or so?
I do not see anything wrong with the mission, which if you can look in your Save folder, should show a "PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID525" on that Line 35 in that CareerTrack.upc file (if you use Notepad++). That points to the BOM_01.mis file, which assigns you an area to patrol off Midway, to look for the Japanese invasion force and / or the Strike Force. You then should be sent to Empire Waters. I'll try to run a test on that again, with the mods you have. vickers03 did say to remove Sea_Life from the game in "update 29.12.21, but I don't think that is the issue here. If you can find that line in your Save folder, it would be helpful in tracing down your trouble.

one last question: Did you apply any of the other mods after docking at Midway? Thanks.

Edit: Hang ON!!! I found the trouble... Let me send you a little test file via a PM here shortly... Please Standby!
Do NOT remove any of your mods just yet!!!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-01-22 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Found it
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote