Old 01-01-22, 09:37 PM   #4156
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
We have been looking for broken animation links since the beginning of FotRSU. More of the crew now move their mouths than before. The one fellow only nods his head still, for the most part. Also, sometimes you might expect a given character, such as the Chief of the Boat to answer, but since there are only nine voices in the game, and 12 characters, plus there is no way to "place" the sound, you might see the Chief nod his head, but if you are up in the conning tower, you would see the JG moving his lips and is the one "speaking". Same with being on the bridge, and the Officer of the Deck does some of the "calls". All of that depends upon the boat, the crew, the ranks, the location, the circumstances, like Battle Stations, etc., and all make a difference.

I would be curious to see Kal's trouble with the Cachalot's flag. As to the non-FotRSU mods, there are several reasons NOT to use ANY, with the main one being there is no way to determine what is wrong with your activations. If you look in that Splash Effect mod, it changes the Materials.dat file - NOT GOOD. If you look in the Smaller Seabed Rocks mod, it changes the Undersea.dat - NOT GOOD either. Both files are different than the FotRSU versions of those files, and changing them will break links to other aspects of the game. The Particles.dat file is very important in the game. Some of the other mods you are using are just texture files, but those two are definitely not.
The sub, that I noted with the "chief" I'd gather... while in the control room view... that I'd see move, right after giving the order to dive... that I'd assume, was giving the confirm audio wise... & having that visual confirm, in the "command's box"... just not their facial that is... was the... Porpoise, the boat, used in the.. nav map trainer.

With the others I've done careers with, iirc, that guy aka crew member of the sub's I've used... had their back, to Me... per say... & likely didn't really think on it, so much... that perhaps they weren't animated to the... sound bites, as I thought they were.

That said, it could well be, 1 of the guys up in the upper control room, that did... & because of that, led Me to think that the other officers/p.o's, did as that 1 did...

With the smaller seabed rocks.. have since dropped it from that earlier on list... the only set up that I still use that in, is the older 1.6X preview & v1.46, OM: DW's... "all" older versions, that would I think, not have isses with it having been used.

I had... another, (they know who they are... thanks for your doing so, ) & looked through those mods.. providing Me.. with a blueprint of those that they could consider, fairly confident could be used, with v1.7 to the best of their knowledge.

Of which, I understand that there is always the 1 in a... (whatever # you want to slap in there) chance that it could cause small to big, issues.

Haven't yet gone out in a full-bore career run... but, from the test runs I have made with the nav map trainer... it looks to perform alright with the others in... that are non FotRS mods.

M. M.