View Single Post
Old 08-10-21, 07:10 AM   #5
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
I did some re-reading of the Type IX for SH5 thread, as well as threads on the GR2 editor - apparently a crude PT boat mod may be possible but it would take a tremendous amount of effort, or good knowledge of Granny. If you want to work on this, I'd recommend getting familiar with Granny's workings and asking people who have modded extensively with the Editor - I have taken baby steps with that stuff but I'm much more familiar with modding SH3 and SH4 using S3ditor.

You will also want to speak with MikIII if or when he starts work again on his Type IX - I remember he was a highly skilled modder but still found it tough going, altering things like torpedo loadout and animated parts. He would be a good source for assistance.
I suppose biggest problem for drivable surface ship in SH5 would be animations, or lack of means to edit them. 3D model of both interior and exterior, menus, various parameters all have been edited in the past but as far as gr2 animations are concerned, I don't recall any succesful attempt to add new ones in SH5.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote