Thread: Likely Returnee
View Single Post
Old 12-01-19, 07:21 PM   #10
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Win 7 is a thing of the past. Many, me in cluded, do not like this fact, but fact it is. No new hardware you buy is likely to run with it anymore. Reasons are... complicated...

Go with Win10 Pro, sine you want to game. For games, you need Win10 if wnatign to live hassle-free. If games were no interest of yours, only hoime computing: Linux Mint.

Once oyu got Win10 Pro for your gamingneeds, check forum or ask again for how to delay its autoupdate as much as possible - at least as long as you do not want to end up has a suicidal rabbit in Microsoft's beta-lab. Windows is no more what it used to be until W7, be advised on that from beginning on. It sells you away and is of lousy quality.

You want to get advise via web on how to switch off its many snooping "services". And even then it still will sell you away.

For serious, sensitive, critical computing, I would never consider a Windows-operated hardware platform anymore. Just for gaming, and no critical data proc essed via it, its okay. As long as some latest patch does not break something again. Hence my remark of delaying updates. I download them every 4-6 months only these days, and Windows built updates with a one year delay.

Don't want to intimidate you. But thats how it is. Much worse than years ago. As I said, just for gaming the risks are acceptable. But for business, sensitive, critical data processing: totally unacceptable. I would even prefer Google to Microsoft for that. It also snoops me out and sells me away, yes. But at least it works on the functional level, usually.