Old 06-09-20, 01:39 PM   #105
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Look in vickers03's original files as to their "size", for like the "LABEL_CPT.dds" is 256x128 pixels at 72 dpi in the dds file. The original text is about 18 pixels high. You need a "blank" label background, and text layer on top with a tranparency for the background, and Save it to something like PSD if in PhotoShop, or some other format that preserves the transparency, so that you have something that is not as compressed as dds, such that you can do future edits more easily... such as your current Captain dies on his 2nd patrol - as happens to me all to often... That way, you already have your "blank" ready, and all you have to do is edit the text layer, and then Save As dds with DXT version 5 interpolated transparency...
OK, took the liberty of copy/pasting what you said, into a read me .txt that I included into the interior mods folder.

Went & applied what you said, I believe into creating another set of name plates, and.. having done that as described.. am in the process of testing them out.

Know vickers is busy, but still holding out for an answer to the p.s. section of My original post about this subject.. about that zipped file, in the tex folder of the mod.. do I need to delete it, unzip the sucker or what.. exactly.

Am kind of the idea, that it probably just needs deleting.. but.. I have been known to be incorrect in My thought processes before & will inherently do so again.. hey, I'm human.. that's why there are erasers on pencils & some pens..

Any how... thanks for the info propbeanie ol' chap..

Mad Mardigan