View Single Post
Old 07-10-13, 09:50 AM   #8
BrucePartington
XO

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni007 View Post
i just broke part of plastic on conector when pluged it out from hdd, and it doesent fit anymore...
Common mistake. Many people don't realise they have to depress both tabs on the SATA connector before pulling it out, hence they break the connector and it won't hold any more.
When you get yourself a replacement cable, make sure you depress the tabs when connecting / disconnecting.

On thermal paste, you can usually find it in most computer hardware stores. It's usually not lethally expensive (about 6 euros where I live). It comes in a little syringe, for ease of use.
When applying the paste, take care not to overdo it. It is no good to apply a thick coating, and it is a waste. A thin and well spread coating is best. Apply a small amount and spread it well and evenly on the whole mating surface, just enough so the underlying surface is not visible. Take out any excess paste. I usually apply it to the cooler mating surface, not the CPU. Mounting the cooler on the CPU then ensures the paste contacts both evenly.

If you have never done it, don't worry. It's easier than it sounds. Once you've done it, you realise there is nothing to it.
And if you're still in doubt, ask a friend. I am sure someone you know has already done it.
And then there is the internet. If you have access to another computer, search for tutorials on how to apply CPU thermal paste.

Good luck.
BrucePartington is offline   Reply With Quote