Old 07-27-22, 05:33 AM   #355
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Don't forget the library files which may be very heavy (example : files including the weapon devices coming from World of Warships : each device is very highly detailed...).

I think that the_frog's models have the best "level of detail / weight" ratio for SH3. Looking close to his ships, we can realize that he has been very careful to not create too complexe 3D meshes, and tried hard to keep things simple without being simplistic.

In contrast, WoWS' models and textures are way too much detailed for a game like SH3... They may be a good choice for a specific single mission, but not for a campaign.

That's why I'm trying to "convert" WoWS's models into simpler models, but actually I'm stuck on the texturing process... See here for example : https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=251309

The part, in Magenta, was after a thought & conversation on... looking into the idea, of putting SH3... (& quite possibly, 4, at the least... not sure if 5 would bene... not to say it couldn't... ) on a diet, to lower the 3D count on ships... which seems to be the biggest area (as I understand it... I admit, that 3D rendering, is NOT My strong suite... by far. ) of contention... where it pertains to load time.

The idea & concept of that... original thought idea, was... to have ships not be so, load intensive, so as to be able to better be able to include things that were.... not quite right, with things like land areas, not being in where they should be, ports... being more... correct in not just placement, but... be a bit more... active.

At least, that was the basis for it... to make the game better. I guess, like Icarus, I guess my idea, flew too close to the sun. *sigh* Ahh well.

M. M.