View Single Post
Old 04-11-14, 09:39 AM   #22
Rayydar
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Fleet View Post
Instead we're going to focus on content; players ask for more navies or more battles but never for more achievements
Very good news again!

My (hopefully) last major point is:

10. AI Tactics:

The AI is not bad, all in all. But esp. its destroyer skippers seem to be wretched cowards!

1. Coordinate attacks, torpedo action:

Test: Set up a Single Battle, renown 200,000, auto-upgrade. Give the AI three Akizukis and yourself one Cleveland. You expect a hard fight and are eager to see if your CL can deal with a coordinate torpedo attack. What probably happens is:

a) You sink one DD with an HE salvo immediately. So far, so good.
b) Both remaining DDs do anything but torpedo-attack, let alone simultaneously, although clearly within range.
c) Instead, one turns off without any combat action.
d) The other one 'pounds' you with its mignon 4-inchers, usually without scoring a hit. How pathetic!
e) After you sunk the second DD, the third returns - to be sunk.
--------------------------------------------------------------
b) and e) somehow remind me of 1950s western movies with stupid, but numerically superior Red Indians riding parallel to the wagon fort one by one just to be shot from the horse one by one.

d) can be frequently watched in campaign battles as well. Destroyers (and Aganos) won't make use of their deadliest weapon nine times out of ten.

2. Gunnery:

AI gunnery is frequently poor, because it tends to show you the ship's bow or stern (for lesser chance of being hit?) instead of manoeuvering into a broadside position.

Conclusion:
I wished the AI would demonstrate a little more bravery and tactical insight.

Last edited by Rayydar; 04-11-14 at 10:06 AM.
Rayydar is offline   Reply With Quote