View Single Post
Old 05-01-22, 02:19 PM   #4568
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCitizen View Post
I apologize if this is discussed somewhere in the FOTRSU thread, but I've searched "Mare Island" and "Balao Upgrade" within this thread to see if I could find my issue addressed and haven't found anything applicable, so far.

I started my career on December 8, 1941, and completed my 8th patrol in early February 1943. I had previously been offered and accepted a couple of new boats along the way, but always took command of the new boat at my existing home port. When I completed my 8th patrol, I was offered a Balao to replace my Gato and accepted. I was then sent to Mare Island to take command of the USS Balao. I departed Mare Island on my 9th patrol (1st in the Balao) on February 10, 1943 on an initial mission in Palau Islands area.

I arrived at Mare Island on June 7, 1943. After that long haul from South China Sea to California, I discovered that I couldn't end my patrol at Mare Island.

Loadout: FOTRSU 1.7p3, RWR_APR_Patch, FOTRSU Position Keeper Tweak, 454c_EasyAOB_InputTargetDistanceOnTBT, 399c2_NoScrollNavMap - OAKsSameSizedDials, 450_MoonlightzSonarLines, Combined Roster (NM/NK).

firstly, you didn't do anything wrong, on purpose.

accepting a Balao class prior to May 21, 1943 puts your situation in a tough spot, however, you wouldn't know that so it is not your fault.

you say that you returned to Mare Island June 7. your boat should have been home ported to Brisbane as of May 24.

if you have saved your mission, reload it and see if the fouled anchor is down-under at Brisbane.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote