View Single Post
Old 07-06-15, 06:28 PM   #2204
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
At this moment I am focusing on aircraft US armaments...
A couple of examples:

Mark 13 ASW torpedo

Mark 24 "Fido" homing acoustic ASW torpedo

Though featured by some mods for SHIII and IV, AFAIK this is the first time these torpedoes are modelled correctly, as far as their sizes and shapes are concerned. As per historical records, the final versions will have plywood aerodynamic appendices which will become invisible underwater. Stick in mind that the renders above lack self illumination/normal maps yet. I think the models will look more vivid once finished. All in all, I have spent a lot of hours looking for good pictures/cross sections of the real things, and I have done my best to add as much realistic detail as possible, by still keeping texture size and polygon number reasonably low. I might still consider reducing them further in order to avoid lag or crashes on low-end computers, but I hope I can add LOD models to the game, similar to what is done for units. What do you think, should I go on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
The Gr2 editor is way under utilised...

...I am sure someone who knows what they are doing could do wonders even by manipulating existing Gr2 files .
I agree. It is a pity, considering all the hours TDW spent on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I can only use it for very minor things like making the tree meshes half the size lol...
How have you managed doing that? I remember having tried the same, but I could only increase tree sizes. When I wanted to make them smaller, size in game didn't change. No matter how small their corresponding meshes were...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=979
gap is offline   Reply With Quote