View Single Post
Old 04-17-24, 12:10 PM   #1290
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The first cuckoo in spring – Liz Truss has ‘unfinished business’

Quote:
Liz Truss is opposed to the ban on cigarettes. But has she been smoking toad venom? (Now

available in vape form, as we reported last week.) As one of the most hallucinogenic substances known to humankind, it would explain her new promotional tour.

Yes, we all know Truss is flogging a book and trying to reinvent herself as a libertarian warrior in America. However, she’s showing the self-awareness of a cactus.

The shortest-serving prime minister in Britain’s history – who was lucky to last 49 days – has a new narrative for why she failed: “I was undermined by organisations like the Bank of England.”

Ominously she adds: “I didn’t have enough time… I have unfinished business.”

That opinion is shared by almost no one in the rest of the country. Recent polling by Ipsos suggests that her ratings remain at historical lows – worse than any other senior UK politician.
Just 8 per cent of the public hold a favourable opinion of Truss, with 68 per cent unfavourable (so net -60). Sunak and Johnson are on -34 and -31 respectively, with Starmer on -11.

Truss is on standby to “save the West” and doesn’t rule out a Downing Street sequel. (Apocaliz Now?) “I’m not saying I’m perfect – nobody is perfect.”

Her tenure remains a national embarrassment – a simple and uncontroversial statement that is largely accepted across party political lines. Yet she considers herself unlucky to have lost power, the victim of a plot by dark establishment forces. Do you disagree with her? You’re part of the problem.

Truss was correct to diagnose feeble economic growth. However, her plan for solving this was irrational – the equivalent of throwing a brick into a washing machine on spin cycle.

Her unique blend of ideology, incompetence and ignorance (about Britain’s economy, and about global markets) will cost future generations many tens of billions of pounds.

So this unjustified sense of victimhood pushes public tolerance too far. She remains the Conservative Party’s greatest gift to Keir Starmer.

Yesterday, Truss popped up in the Wall Street Journal with an article denouncing “the deep state” in Britain and America.

Liz, I have bought a 10-metre roll of kitchen foil and will spend the rest of the week making hats for you. Lettuce hope sanity prevails.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...087070e1&ei=13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote