View Single Post
Old 11-24-06, 08:48 AM   #101
fredbass
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden88
I'm having difficulty managing crew fatigue.

Is it just me or can you simply hit escape and end your patrol at any time? Regardless of damage or fuel state you can simply warp back to port safely. Is it just the honor system in place here to restrict people from essentially cheating? It can be real hard to resist warping home when you've had a paticulairily good patrol or are in real trouble (or both).

Numerous times when steaming through the straights into Wilhelmshaven my ship would take massive damage and sink. I assume I'm hitting mines. How do you avoid these things? Can they be spotted? Why doesn't my captain have some prior knowledge as to roughly where these mines are laid? There should be some known safe routes, shouldn't there.
I would guess that most players have installed "SH3 Commander" and turned off fatigue.

Yes, you can go back to port immediately any time you want regardless. That's totally up to you, but the penalty is losing renown gained.

The GW supermod has maps that you can look at to see where friendly mines are at. The mod is quite popular and will be even better when GWX arrives.

If you install SH3Gen then you can get a fair idea where mines and subnets will be at enemy ports as well.