View Single Post
Old 11-11-06, 12:39 PM   #99
ArtieEngineer
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hello!!!

New to this myself.

I find this to be an excellent thread\post for us newbies. Learned a few things.

On the torpedoe training\exam thing. My son and I found that we can generally get them all by going after the Tanker first as it is moving the fastest. SO. From the start turn due east and go at full speed or flank to get inside of 800m for that tanker then go around in clockwise direction jumping on the surface to run them down as they delete upon reaching last waypoint. OK let me explain we were using what I call the point and shoot method. Set the torps for impact at 3 meters depth 000 gyro angle and maneuver the sub to be dead abeam and slightly ahead. Now since the stationery ship starts moving rather quickly you need to sneak in rather close (under 500) and hit him with a fast one or even a salvo. (I tried for five kills with five torps) That C2 Cargo is moving slow so he is no worry. Even better to turn short of due east and send one out the rear for the third ship clockwise from the tanker as I find the second one not much trouble to run down.

On lower realism settings where the game figures the solution it is entirely possible to sink them all without moving, though I find that stationary ship to be a real pain even then. Just installed Grey Wolves and it makes the five for five feat that much harder to achieve even with the lowest realism setting.

Anyway nice to meet you guys and gals. Hope to get some multi player time in with at least a few of you in the near future.
ArtieEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote