View Single Post
Old 07-14-22, 06:44 PM   #2
ImBatman
Sailor man

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Looking to relax after a wonderful French meal for Bastille Day, decided to commit to the 3 plus hours of Das Boot (Directors Cut) lol . I love the length of the film because you can't really tell the story of a submarine patrol in WW II in typical run length.

What is your favorite version of this classic?

Thoughts on the film overall?

Something I've never understand and wondering if I just imagined this or it was in one of the multiple versions of the film. Did Thomsen die? I recall a scene where were trying to reach him on radio and did not answer. I take this as loss of his boat and his death are implied?
I got ahold of the director's cut on bluray after watching it on vhs. It is amazing how well they cleaned it up for bluray. It looks as though it was shot within the last few years, rather than 4 decades ago.

I also liked the bluray better than vhs because of the ability to select the original german language with english subtitles. I found the english dubbing on vhs difficult to understand at times.

I like it enough that at some point, i will try to find it in it's original miniseries form.
ImBatman is offline   Reply With Quote