View Single Post
Old 04-05-22, 12:32 AM   #13
diego_gut
Soundman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

"How do you use the distance charts to measure the range in your hardcore version? They are not so easy to read like in your stock version, any way to replace them?"

The ones on my stock version were contributed by Toyotagt86 who is much better at doing graphics than I am. They are also calibrated in milliradians which I used in my stock version.

On the other hand, the ones on the hardcore version are pages from an actual uboat manual. I chose them to show that calibration is realistic enough to use the same manual uboat officers used. They are calibrated for angular radians.

Chart 1 is for the vertical scale on the periscope, on the left column you can read the angular radians. Remember that each tick on the periscope's vertical scale represents 10 angular radians (each angular radian is 1/16 of a degree). On the top horizontal row you can read the mast height in meters. On each column in the chart you can read the distance at 1.5x and 6x in hundreds of meters.

Chart 2 is for the horizontal scale in the periscope. On the left column you have degrees and on the top row you have the ships length in meters.

I hope this helps,

Regards,
Diego

Last edited by diego_gut; 04-05-22 at 12:45 AM.
diego_gut is offline   Reply With Quote