View Single Post
Old 06-22-12, 06:12 PM   #3930
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
You should be fine with that new installation, at least with deck guns. I just got a Salmon (started with s-boat) and 3"5 DG was there, bow mounted, and it works.
So there is no such thing as deck gun bug in TMO, at least as far as your SH4 installation is healthy.
I finally found out where the problem with the deck gun was coming from

One at a time I, installed the various MODs - TMO2.5, then RSRDC and its patch, and tested each installation by running a new campaign (Asiatic Fleet in a Sargo-class boat) after each install. I always got a (forward mounted) deck gun. Then, I installed the RSRDC add-ons (Convoy Routes, Zero Bombload Fix, CD Sonar, TMO Visuals, and IJN Radar fix). So far, so good. Then I enabled the Crew Rank Fix for RSRDC, and Voila! No deck gun!

Checking the Submarine\NSS_Sargo.upc and the SaveGame file I found that this particular RSRDC fixer-upper overwrites the TMO .upc file with the older configuration, and just confuses hell out of the whole program. Ducimus added in the 'Crew Berthing' to Compartment 3, which changes numbers on all the succeeding compartments; RSRDC Crew Fix uses the old Compartment list. Ergo, this particular Fix is incompatible with TMO.

I haven't enabled the RSRDC Pre-Pearl Harbor Campaign yet, but I expect no problems with that one since it makes no changes to the Submarine.upc file - only to the campaign files.

I still have that pesky Crew Rating (personal) problem, i.e. the boat's crew already starts out with max Petty Officers/Officers, so nobody can rise in Rate/Rank over the next four years over SN (which is automatic in this program). In the Real World, most of the crew on a sub were Petty Officers, very few started out as a Seaman Recruit, unless they were 'busted' for some infraction. Just graduating from Boot Camp gave a rise in Rate to Seaman Apprentice (SA or E-2). 'Most' would go to an 'A' school for a specialty. 'A' schools were three months to a year, depending on the course. Graduates were usually at least Rated a Seaman Striker (SN or E-3), even a PO3 (E-4). THEN there was 'Submarine School' for several months at least, adding to Time in Grade, and appropriate rise in Rate (enlisted men get Rate, officers get Rank).

Reading the RSRDC.upc file, it seems that the only thing that was changed were the numbers of Petty Officers/Officers.

NSS_Sargo.upc from TMO:

Code:
[UserPlayerUnit 1]
ID=Sargo
NameDisplayable=Sargo
UnitName= USS Sargo
Type=Sargo
UpgradeClass=1
UnitInterval= 1939-01-16, 1946-12-11
ExternalClassName=SSSargo
Nationality=American
CrewRanks=12
Evolution= Normal
Damage= 0
TextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_Sargo/NSS_Sargo_T01.tga
LightmapTextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_Sargo/NSS_Sargo_O01.tga
NormalmapTextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_Sargo/NSS_Sargo_N01.tga
MenuSilhouetteTextureName= Salmon_Class_01.tga
MaxPettyOfficers=20 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 4
MaxOfficers=14 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 7
NSS_Sargo.upc from RSRDC Crew Fix:

Code:
[UserPlayerUnit 1]
ID=Sargo
NameDisplayable=Sargo
UnitName= USS Sargo
Type=Sargo
UpgradeClass=1
UnitInterval= 1939-01-16, 1946-12-11
ExternalClassName=SSSargo
Nationality=American
CrewRanks=12
Evolution= Normal
Damage= 0
TextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_Sargo/NSS_Sargo_T01.tga
LightmapTextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_Sargo/NSS_Sargo_O01.tga
NormalmapTextureName= NULL
MenuSilhouetteTextureName= Salmon_Class_01.tga
MaxPettyOfficers=48 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 4
MaxOfficers=11 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 7
If that is all there is to it, I 'should' only have to change the numbers (highlighted) in the TMO .upc files to get what I want (after disabling all MODS first, then re-enabling them).