View Single Post
Old 06-21-12, 08:17 AM   #3927
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3216
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
I finally got Silent Hunter all disinstalled, including deleting registry entries, saving the mods and radio stations and defragging the GAMES hard drive. Rebooted and installed SH4 v1.0 (from the original Direct2Drive download file), then tested the installation.

First thing I noticed was it didn't ask me for my license (which I kept as a text file). Started a campaign in the Asiatic Fleet with an S-Boat. Everything worked, including the deck gun. NOW I remember why I never leave port without TMO The plain vanilla game just can't compare!

Next, install the U-Boat upgrade (v1.5). No need to do the v1.3 or v1.4 upgrades. Install JSGME and save a snapshot of the original program files. Delete the My Documents\SH4 folder, then start a new campaign - this time in a Sargo-class boat. Now, something interesting happens - the game defaults to a stern mounted deck gun for the Sargo That may be where the problem with the deck guns is coming from - an incompatibility with Ducimus' fixes for the Tench-class (or Tambor?). I traded for a forward mounted deck gun - no problem there, except I had to put a crew on it. Started the campaign, then tested the deck gun (now on the fore deck). No problems! Swiveled and fired OK.

I still need to enable TMO2.5, but I think I'll do that tomorrow - its after 2AM now in Oregon, and I'm sleepy.

Let you know what happens tomorrow.

PS: The program still doesn't ask me to enter my license (key), nor does it access the internet to check the license as it used to do.
You can try TMO 22 (TMO 2 plus update 2 to 22), and Traveller Mod. For me, this is a better combination than TMO 25. TMO 22 seems more stable than TMO 25.

This is my actual JSGME list (also I have radio and gramophone files, direct installation):

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[F:\SH4\MODS]

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
TMO_Update_20_to_22
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
SCAF for RSRDC v502_2.0
FOTRS Environment
PE4_low quality bow wave and stern wakes (more FPS)
Nav Map Make-Over v2.1
NMMO Airbase Add-on
TMO_Easier_AI
IJN_Radar_Fix_for_TMO2_Easier_AI
Fixed Zero Bomb Load RSRDC
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD
sobers compass mod_version color
SMALLER SEABED ROCKS
SMALLER SEA PLANTS SMALL
#4 PE4 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
Webster's Single Mission for Rain Test
Webster's Torpedo Test Missions for v1.5
Traveller Mod v2.02 for TMO
Webster's Missing Voices
speech_overhaul
Cold Weather Crew Clothing
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix
Webster's Real Lifeboats Fix for v1.5
LST_TMO_v2
Traveller Mod v2.02 (TMO) Longer Sinking Times patch

This combination is very stable and no problems with any of the subs (I use mainly Gato class boats).

FOTRS Environment is the Fall of the Rising Sun megamod atmosphere, the best for me.

Also I added a lot of new ships (my own ASAT mod - Added Ships and Traffic for TMO RSRDC); is my Beta version, all fine with the mod. When I obtain the authorizations from the ships creators, I will publish my mod. I added traffic in San Francisco, San Diego, New London, the Caribbean, New york and Australian bases, and new allies and enemy convoys to RSRDC campaign, with ships from FOTRS and Operation Monsun mods, and ships converted from SH3 MFM and VonDos ships. For the moment, only for my use...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote