View Single Post
Old 06-21-12, 04:00 AM   #3926
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
That is what I do too. All the tweaking (not including mods installation, thats quick) take a day or two, but thats make me even more eager to finally start the game and play.
I finally got Silent Hunter all disinstalled, including deleting registry entries, saving the mods and radio stations and defragging the GAMES hard drive. Rebooted and installed SH4 v1.0 (from the original Direct2Drive download file), then tested the installation.

First thing I noticed was it didn't ask me for my license (which I kept as a text file). Started a campaign in the Asiatic Fleet with an S-Boat. Everything worked, including the deck gun. NOW I remember why I never leave port without TMO The plain vanilla game just can't compare!

Next, install the U-Boat upgrade (v1.5). No need to do the v1.3 or v1.4 upgrades. Install JSGME and save a snapshot of the original program files. Delete the My Documents\SH4 folder, then start a new campaign - this time in a Sargo-class boat. Now, something interesting happens - the game defaults to a stern mounted deck gun for the Sargo That may be where the problem with the deck guns is coming from - an incompatibility with Ducimus' fixes for the Tench-class (or Tambor?). I traded for a forward mounted deck gun - no problem there, except I had to put a crew on it. Started the campaign, then tested the deck gun (now on the fore deck). No problems! Swiveled and fired OK.

I still need to enable TMO2.5, but I think I'll do that tomorrow - its after 2AM now in Oregon, and I'm sleepy.

Let you know what happens tomorrow.

PS: The program still doesn't ask me to enter my license (key), nor does it access the internet to check the license as it used to do.

Last edited by Roger Dodger; 06-21-12 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Added PS
Roger Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote