Old 06-20-12, 04:02 PM   #3924
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
Here, in Poland, Europe.
Thanx, also good of you to now include your position in your profile. I always like to know who and where I'm talking to

I tried to run one of the missions with a Sargo-class boat. The one near Christmas Island, south of Java. As soon as the mission loaded, I went directly to the 'equipment' screen - NO deck gun or crew slots. So I guess my whole SH4 game is 'hosed'. I'll be completly re-installing later today.

FYI: That mission to Christmas Island was to forstall a Japanese landing there. There were a couple of each frieghters and troop transports, at least 3 heavy and light cruisers and 'many' destroyers or DEs. I managed to sink one freighter AND a Heavy Cruiser, and actually got away with it. Lots of DCs, but avoided any damage. Actually, had to do two seperate attacks since I couldn't reload my torpedoes while at silent running.

Now to re-install - that usually takes all day with re-booting, testing, and manipulating TMO to get the silhouettes back on my contact/attack maps. Any TMO stuff I need to do is, of course, done before I enable it. I just hate those blobs

Last night, I also took a look at the 'extra' ships in RSRDC. Using Paint.Net I found NO silhouettes in any of the *_shp.dds files - the files were there (6Kb), but nothing was showing for the image (except the checkered background). I hadn't noticed before that these ships don't have silhouettes when attacking, so color me confused. Perhaps I'm using the wrong program to view the images. Any idea which program would be better to view .dds files?

See ya in a day or two.

Good Hunting!