View Single Post
Old 01-02-22, 04:41 PM   #15
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The problem with that button, just like with the Photo button, is that there must be a valid Objective for the button to activate. You might find information on the links by using Key Map Decoder, or the Key Map Utility that Zero Niner mentions, but I could not find it right away, and I do not remember its proper name to find it with... Anyway, that is the only way I know to find the "link", if there is one. Some of those buttons do not have anything associated with their function in the cmd.cfg file that is user accessible.
yeah, i am aware of this tool and also of jimimadrid's keymapper tool. thank you for confirming.

the problem i am running into is that in the past (FOTRSU) i have been able to arm a key to rescue survivors as a key makes it much easier to complete the drill.

however, with the current modset i am playing, when i arm a key, SH4 loads approx 75% before it CTD's. if i remove the key assignment, everything works.

and it does not matter what key i arm, the result is the same.

so, that makes me think that the actual command is hinky somewhere hidden.

here is the keyboard assignment entry, at least the last one i attempted to use, but i do not think this is the problem.

[Cmd352]
Name=Rescue_Survivors
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x6F,,"/"

this is why i asked about the HUD icon(s) because i think something is amiss behind the curtain....somewhere.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote