View Single Post
Old 01-23-20, 04:16 PM   #15
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Well, just so we're clear, I'm not advocating cannibalism.
If you're packing heat and ammo, and you have the energy to slaughter the townsfolk, there's only one other thing to make sure you have. A stew pot and the means to light a fire under it.

Of course, if its just a disaster and not the end of civilization, its going to be embarrassing (to say the least) when the cops and the Army show up and you're standing there. Next to piles of clothes, shoes, and polished bones
Well, turning "mobile" and leaving your bastion only makes sense for me if having a destination I could escape to. Germany is not the right place to "live in the wilderness", since we have none. Its all an urban place. And if I have no place to flee to, why leaving my home in the first? I am turning too old to endlessly sneak around and play playing cowboys and indians. With every year, the bag out bag becomes less important for me, and good fortificaiton wins in importance. Heck I am turning 53. Not an old man, but then, not a young panther anymore as well. Not having own family, helps, however. I can afford to accept a coming fate more easily than if there were kids and wife in the background. Playing cowboys and indians is for the younger ones. And a sitting on the ground at the fireplace is not only a gemütlich experience, but in the first it is a very hard seat to sit on...