View Single Post
Old 02-27-16, 08:30 AM   #76
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
sober made a mod for Shaefer for using with VIIA and VIIB's where he moved the bridge crew to different positions.
Peter
Hi Peter, thank you.

Unlike watch crew, gun crews need to be aligned with their guns, and their animation synchronized with gun's animation. Some of their settings might be different, in any case I would like to see sober's mod. Do you know where I can download it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Heh, we are thinking the same. I reached the same conclusions yesterday while I was using advanced search options in Notepad++ , that's why I asked you how can I rotate bones with gr2 editor (I was trying to rotate WP_A02_GUN bone).
WP_A02_GUN in your latest version of the conning tower GR2 file seems okay, but you can try rotating it in the waypoints.GR2 file.

Quote:
However, I'm not happy to see that even script files are involved in crew placement...
Today I had a look waypoint_edges.txt and waypoint_info.txt files. There is not much to be tweaked there, if not making sure that all the crew waypoints in the GR2 files are set within the two files above. I still haven't found what determines that waypoint "WP_A02_GUN" is connected with configurale bone "cfg#A02", and a light Flak gunner gets linked to it when that gun is manned.

Quote:
One more question though...Your tweaked gr2 U-flak tower works great but it has been doubled in size (9MB, was 4MB), was that your intention or maybe not?
No, that's a common problem: when GR2 Editor exports a model, that model gets uncompressed (i.e. some vertices are duplicated); compression on reimporting the same model is not automatic though. I will try and optimize the model before reimporting it. I can't promise I will manage bringing the GR2 file back to 4 MB, but its file size should decrease to some extent at least.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote