View Single Post
Old 12-14-12, 11:33 AM   #6
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpatch View Post
Thanks guys, I must say that I am ashamed that I didn't find the "SH5 Mod Guide for Beginners". Ahh well.
Anyway, I am already stuck. It seems as if the JSGME is a must so I downloaded it but now I have a new problem. When I download it I don't get an install exe file. All I get is a folder with the manual and a folder where JSGME is pre installed. My guess is that I have to move it to SH5 root folder but what later. Should I to something? All video tutorials only sow what to do after a normal install.
Just to make sure, my current location of the generic mod enabler is :C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\JSGME2_6\JSGME\JSGME.exe

Regards,
Manfred
Hi Manfred.
Yes, I have not heard of a JSGME download with out a install executable exe but there it is.
I just went to Gamefront and downloaded the file. UnZip the downloaded file in your SH5 main folder. The file named MODS is where you will place the SH5 mods you use. Once you place the mods in that folder, I think they should come up in the 'Available Mods' area of the JSGME interface. When you UnZip the JSGME zip file in the SH5 main folder, there are a couple of help files to get you going. You should have it set in a couple minutes.
D40