View Single Post
Old 06-25-23, 10:34 AM   #1409
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew Roberts View Post
And I found the game won't TC 1 spotting Friendly units, or Receive Contact message, I always notice the contact 2 hours afterwards, despite I've already set RadioReport=1. But it does TC 1
while receiving news massage.
yes, what you have discovered is true.

when you are cruising the Pacific on your way to your patrol zone at TC=1024, non-threatening ships will not take you out of high TC unless you are about to collide with them. and then, sometimes, by the time the game slows and lets you know, you might be too late to avoid that collision. that is why some of us recommend that TC should never go higher than 1024. at that setting, every second of real time is 17 minutes of game time. a lot can happen in 17 minutes. from 1024 to 2048, the rate is doubled to one second equates to 34 minutes of game time etc, etc, etc.

also, contact messages will not take you out of high TC...and when you come off of high TC, your may hear one or more reports that were not given to you because of high TC. this is also true of responses to your commands to the crew.

radio messages are different. for each radio message there is an indicator as to whether the message is important enough to break TC to 1. the modder determines that when he builds the message stack.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote