View Single Post
Old 11-22-23, 08:41 AM   #55
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Roman emperor was trans woman, declares museum

"call me not Lord, for I am a Lady"

Elagabalus identified as a woman and explicitly stated preferred pronouns, highlighting the existence of pronouns throughout history.
https://ground.news/article/roman-em...-museum_deed6b
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...edium=referral

I remember reading this pulp trade novel when I was a teenager, I thought it was another Conan style, sword and sorcery, I was a bit shocked to say the least.

Child of the Sun
Mass Market Paperback – October 1, 1972

Child of the Sun by Kyle Onstott & Lance Horner (1966)
Overview: This brilliant and brutally intimate novel accurately captures the depravity and intrigue of Ancient Rome. It tells the story of the youth Varius Avitus Bassianus, destined to become Emperor of the Roman empire. Varius spurned women. His erotic longings searched out a very different kind of love. Whatever or whomever he fancied was quickly offered to him. And no man, be he soldier or citizen, dared refuse him. As his perverted passions grew more and more bizarre, even the voluptuaries of Rome recoiled in horror.

Elagabalus (Latin: Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus; c. 203 – 11 March 222), also known as Heliogabalus, was Roman Emperor from 218 to 222. A member of the Severan Dynasty, he was Syrian, the second son of Julia Soaemias and Sextus Varius Marcellus. In his early youth he served as a priest of the god Elagabal (in Latin, Elagabalus) in the hometown of his mother's family, Emesa. As a private citizen, he was probably named Sextus Varius Avitus Bassianus. Upon becoming emperor he took the name Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus. He was called Elagabalus only after his death.
Genre: Erotic MM | Historical Fiction

Last edited by Otto Harkaman; 11-22-23 at 09:04 AM.
Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote