View Single Post
Old 12-28-21, 09:44 PM   #4111
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15 Re: peri wake splach patch... tests results...

Ok, here are the end results, of a test run, with My v1.72... erhm... v1.73 now, mod set up... with the peri wake splash patch, included in the mix.

Ran, 4... separate test runs... as outlined, as follows:

1. Attack scope up (not that any respecting skipper would run surfaced with it or... much less, their boats Obs. scope fully unhoused from its stored position, but.. in the interests of fully exploring the interactions from the mod & its patched state... decided for... thoroughness here. )

That said, on giving the order to crash dive... whilst going from a surfaced to submerged state... the wake effect, that a "raised" scope would generate... did, in fact... occur.

Think of like the wave/wake effect with the sub charging ahead at full bore... just... way smaller.

That continues, until the scope head, disappeared, once it was fully submerged. so.... end results... all good there.

1. Obs. scope test.

As noted with the attack peri notes... same end results as before, with the attack scope.

End analysis.. all good there.

3. For this test run, I upped the ante & had not just the attack or Obs. scope fully upright, but... BOTH... as if any skipper back then, worth their salt.. would ever... EVER... run with their scopes out & up, like bending over, waving a "come kick me" sign...

However... again, for thoroughness here, ran with it, any way.

End noted results... same as with both scopes, in the solo testing... all good there.

last test, # 4.... No scopes up, at all...

On diving, no wake effect, in evidence... with exception of one, caused by the.... air search radar... I believe it was... or the early surface search, perhaps... there was a similar wake from that... but on the top of that submerging... just as with the scopes... it too, disappeared, once the sub was in no way above the surface.

In conclusion... the patched mod, is on My end, working as it did.. before with v1.6X & as well as with v1.46... aces.

Kal, Mon ami, have not a clue as to what is with the set up you have... with that included... except for the possibility of the mod order... perhaps...

Is the only thing I can think of... that, comes to mind.

End test report...

M. M.