View Single Post
Old 10-22-20, 11:32 AM   #2046
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you would navigate into your Save folder, "data /cfg /UPCInitial /CareerTrack.upc file, and open that in a plain text editor. The "[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusLast]" section should be visible near the top of the file. Scroll down a bit until you see the "PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx" line, where "xxx" might be a two or three digit number. Post back with what that number is please. Also, go back up to the "cfg" folder, go into the "SaveGames" folder and find the newest numbered folder, such as "00000004" or whatever it might be, but from your Save in-port, using the date / time stamp on the folder. Navigate into it, then find the the CareerTrack.upc file in there. Do the same thing as with the UPCInitial version, and find that "PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx" line, and post that "xxx" number also... and if you would, let me know what the date / time stamp is on both those files please!

I assume you were docking at Fremantle when being offered the "new" Tambor boat? Do you happen to remember that date? The Tambor is available there May 1st, 1942. It does however, have assignments prior to that, in case the player is awarded one "early", and its equipment is also available, and some of the gear is purchasable prior to its "free" release.
1. I was docking at Fremantle on April 7, 1942 when I was offered the new Tambor class boat; On acceptance I was taken to the office, where the calendar showed 4/8/42.

2. In the "data /cfg /UPCInitial /CareerTrack.upc" file, the PlayerCurrentObjective is ID123, with a date/time stamp = 1942-07-06 00:08:32;

3. In the SaveGames folder, file = 00000018 (the last one there) the PlayerCurrentObjective is ID408, with a date/time stamp = 1942-08-28 00:02:45.

Hope this is useful!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote