View Single Post
Old 10-21-20, 07:35 PM   #2042
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I just had an unsettling experience early in a new career. Upon attempting to get the mission orders for what would be my 6th patrol on 8/1/42, 3rd patrol in USS Tuna (SS-203), a Tambor Class boat and 3rd patrol out of Fremantle, I instead got a CTD. I mean a CTD as in straight to Desktop, no stops or messages along the way.

I was in Fremantle having successfully completed five patrols, starting in Manila on 12/08 /1941 in USS Sculpin (Sargo). I took the upgrade to the Tambor boat when offered after 3 successful patrols, completed two more successful patrols in that boat, and encountered nothing unusual that I know of.

While in port prior to trying to depart Fremantle, I gave out promotions and medals as authorized, and upgraded the bow-mounted 3.5" Deck Gun to a bow-mounted 4.5" Deck gun. I was also offered an upgraded Surface Search radar, but I chose not to take it at this time.

I saved the game there in the Office, loaded the save game as is my custom to ensure it will load if I need it, and went to get my next mission orders and departure date. That's when it crashed.

I can go back to the start of the previous mission, or the one where I had just arrived in Fremantle at the end of that mission, but if that doesn't work I'm stuck.

Do you think there is something amiss in the Mission files for that boat type and/or dates out of Fremantle?

UPDATE: I went back and loaded the save file I took when I first entered base after completing the 5th patrol. As soon as it loaded, I went straight to the next missions map without making any changes to crew or deck gun. Same results. It crashed immediately to desktop. That tells me it's more likely in the mission files area and not in any of crew or boat changes I had made earlier.

Here are my mods again:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.24_EN
101_Patch_v1.2To_v1.26p
399_NoScrollNavMap
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
801_UMark Invisible
901_strategic_map_symbols
If you would navigate into your Save folder, "data /cfg /UPCInitial /CareerTrack.upc file, and open that in a plain text editor. The "[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusLast]" section should be visible near the top of the file. Scroll down a bit until you see the "PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx" line, where "xxx" might be a two or three digit number. Post back with what that number is please. Also, go back up to the "cfg" folder, go into the "SaveGames" folder and find the newest numbered folder, such as "00000004" or whatever it might be, but from your Save in-port, using the date / time stamp on the folder. Navigate into it, then find the the CareerTrack.upc file in there. Do the same thing as with the UPCInitial version, and find that "PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx" line, and post that "xxx" number also... and if you would, let me know what the date / time stamp is on both those files please!

I assume you were docking at Fremantle when being offered the "new" Tambor boat? Do you happen to remember that date? The Tambor is available there May 1st, 1942. It does however, have assignments prior to that, in case the player is awarded one "early", and its equipment is also available, and some of the gear is purchasable prior to its "free" release.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote