View Single Post
Old 12-31-23, 10:52 AM   #45
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Hi Kyle,

The visual part does not change during the war. With other words: the eyes didnot change during 1939 - 1945. The crew on the ships cannot see better in 1939 than in 1945. The mod does not change that.

The advantage the uboots have in the beginning of the war will disappear with the radar. That is already in Sh3.

So there is no need to change cfg files. Why should we need that?

I provided a config file with the moon mod to make it flexible for other modders. Regular users do not need to go there. They just enable the mods and start sh3.

As for the load time. It does not load anything except for a dll and the environment. So can you be more specific? I had no issues with starting of campaigns in 1942/43 with MFM and everything loaded. Of course it does some calculations which can be optimized as well if that is really an issue (i will check that).

What I see though is that in the environment mod the Lod factor and patches are too high . So there your feedback helps! They can be lowered. I will do that in the upcoming update. And that certainly will increase the number of FPS

You can try it yourself by changing patches (scaling -> patches) to 90 and lod factor to 15 in the scene.dat (and then env: That would be helpfull.

rik007 is online   Reply With Quote