View Single Post
Old 12-10-22, 05:52 PM   #660
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

3 September 1943

Solomons
I'm trying pretty hard to reduce the enemy sub presence around Shortlands with air patrols and destroyers. And we did get one...probably at least 3 more to go.

Burma
The enemy took back Bassein with little resistance. The enemy troops appear to be dividing themselves further, one unit moving east to the flank of my main force, the other headed north. North bothers me a little as that's going to interfere with me turning Prome into a new airbase. I still really don't get it--it looks like I have enough troops to retake Rangoon, and he's dividing up his forces as if to make it easier for me. Maybe he really is confident he can hold Rangoon. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing.

He tried to sweep Pegu with just 3 Tonies, we shot down 1 with no losses.

My bombing raids on Rangoon hit a transport I didn't know was there, probably sinking it.

DEI
He seems to be recommitting to defending Ambon--20 Zeroes and 5 Georges on CAP to greet our bombers today. We lost 3 B-24s and they shot down one of the Zeroes. A later P-38 sweep got 2 Georges and 4 Zeroes with no losses.

B-25s attempted a low level attack against a transport convoy at Kendari, but it was well-defended by 4 Zeroes and 20 Tonies. That cost us 7 B-25s, a few made attack runs but no one hit.

Reinforcements
SS Tally Ho arrives at Aden
APA Harry Lee arrives at Cristobal