Old 05-07-21, 09:11 PM   #1032
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by qastokes View Post
EDIT: Another annoyance is time compression going to 1 every time there is an "Immersion Radio Message." You know, war declared with .... or from U-123 HELP, floundering off the coast...

Ideally I'd want these to drop time compression to 512 or 256 or 128, just as a gameplay signal but all the way to 1 becomes very frustrating and pointless. Too much clicking, and it makes the signal of "oh **** game is playing at 1, better react" Murky, which has already killed me, recompressing with destroyers in eyesight. Took shells and only then realized the situation and couldn't sneak away from 3 of them in shallow water.
Is there a fix to this I can add to main.cfg? Radio report doesn't seem to impact this, I think that only alters compression with Direct Orders, you know, the messages where the relative time when I read it actually matters... Its quite a predicament for me!
Ahoy, gastokes...

If you'd like, you can use this, that I have set up by copy pasting the info that follows in place of what you have in your 'main.cfg' file, found under [TimeCompression]:

TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=128
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=128
CharacterAnim=64
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=64
PrayState=256
HunterState=256
3DRender=1024
Maximum=1024

Just remember the info, that KaleunMarco spoke of, found here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Main.Cfg is exactly the file you need to change. for this one change i recommend creating a new mod-folder under the C:\Ubisoft\OpMonsun\MODS structure. Start the name with 999 so that it appears last in your list and then create folders under that name for Data and under that, CFG. In Cfg folder place a copy of Main.CFG from \Data\Cfg.
Please keep in mind that the Time Compression values MUST be powers of 2: 1,2,4,8,16,32, etc.etc.etc
Change RadioReport= to 64, although some radio messages will still take you to TC=1.
Change Maximum= to 1024, this will insure that you do not cause the game to run away with itself and cause other issues.
Make sure EnemyDetected= is set to 1 or some power of 2 that you can tolerate.
Make sure AirEnemyDetected= is set to 1. it probably is already but make sure.
the remaining TC values can be reset to any power of 2 that you want. Be careful as some high values may place you in bad situation from which you may not recover. reference "oh ****" above.

there are some best practices for you. this may be the longest response in the history of the forum-thread but if you can understand it then it was worthwhile.
Good Luck, Herr Kaleun.

if you decide to alter any of the compression settings from what I posted above the info from KaleunMarco.

Hope this info from Myself, KM & propbeanie is of help...

M. M.