@ Dirtyace

Welcome.

Install instructions (which may help)

1. Uninstall SH3 via Windows' "Add/Remove programs"
2. Open Windows Explorer and:
- *delete* the folder where you had installed SH3
- *delete* the \My Documents\SH3 folder
3. Reinstall SH3
4. If your SH3 did not come with patch v1.4b already included, install patch v1.4b. Ensure you install the patch that corresponds to your copy of SH3 (Download/DVD/EMEA/US)
5. OPTIONAL: Copy and paste this "clean" install as a backup to avoid the need to follow steps 1-3 if your game becomes corrupt in future
6. Download into the SAME folder GWX.exe and the five .bin files. While there grab the v1.03 patch
7. Run GWX.exe and follow the installation prompts
8. Run GWX103.exe and follow the installation prompts
9. SH3 COMMANDER USERS: Download the GWX 1.02+ Cfg files for SH3 Commander and unzip the contents DIRECTLY into your SH3 Commander\Cfg folder.

GWX files are available from my sig.

Answers =

1)For GWX 1.0 you need the GWX.exe & GWX 1 to 5 .bin files.
2)It's best to start fresh, we can never promise that previous profiles will continue to work.
3)Ok, get GWX working correctly first, then add additional mods/apps. SH3Cmdr will require the additional cfg files to make it compatible with GWX. SH3 Gen is a great little app and will work with no problems after GWX is up & running.

Personally, for a n00b to GWX, I would have said, just stick to GWX for the time being. Although SH3Cmdr & SH3Gen are easy to use, you are muddying the waters alittle for the first run.

Enjoy & come back if you have further questions.

EDIT - JSGME is included when you install GWX, just look for it in the program folder, double click on the JSGME.exe to open the GUI Window and have a look at the included additional mods for GWX.

BTW, have you read the GWX manual? Very good and most questions are answered in there.